There's a Reason People Give Here
As one of the largest employers based in the Hudson Valley, the credit union is a positive force in improving the quality of life and economic health of our communities. We are deeply vested in the Valley and are proud to support many local charitable organizations – both through limited monetary donations as well as staff support. In fact, HVFCU employees currently volunteer their time at more than 70 local organizations throughout our field of membership.
If your Section 501c(3) non-profit organization also contributes towards the quality of life or economic health in the Hudson Valley, and is located in Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, or Putnam County, then we’d like to learn more about how we might help your efforts.
HVFCU makes limited charitable grants that benefit:
- The Arts and Sciences
- Economic Development
- Educational Issues and Programs
- Health and Human Services
- Municipal Services
Please note, the credit union does not grant funds to:
- National organizations, unless their programs have significant local impact
- Religious or sectarian organizations
- Political organizations, candidates, or lobbying efforts
- Purposes that benefit only one individual (e.g. a fund to send one student overseas for study)
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, HVFCU has a limited annual budget to distribute across many wonderful charitable organizations located in the Hudson Valley. We encourage you to follow these helpful hints prior to submitting your request.
- Organizations that provide written documentation regarding their group in addition to the event sponsorship or donation request will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
- Requests may take 30-60 days for review, so please allow ample time for your request to be reviewed.
- If your sponsorship request includes recognition leading up to a special event, we will factor into our considerations how much time remains before the event occurs.
- If you would like HVFCU to support your organization in multiple ways/events in one calendar year, please consolidate your requests into one submission.
For all of these reasons, we encourage you to submit your request as early as possible. Fields with an * are required fields.
Required fields marked with *
Does your organization have a non-profit tax exempt classification under Section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code? (If yes, upload a PDF or jpg copy of your IRS Letter of Determination at the link below.)*
Does your organization have accounts with HVFCU? (Not a requirement for grant acceptance.)
Briefly describe your mission and how you serve the Hudson Valley Community with your service and programs*:
How will these funds be used?*
If your request includes a printed logo or journal/digital ad, please answer the following:
Will the item be viewed in (check all that apply)
Will you provide a link to HVFCU’s website? (If so, our web address is www.hvfcu.org)*
If you have any questions about HVFCU or our process, please enter them here: