We offer Web Connect (HVFCU Quicken Retail) and Direct Connect (HVFCU Direct) options for connecting with Quicken. When using Web connect, you use your existing Internet Banking username and password. When using Direct Connect, you use your existing Internet Banking username and a new PIN, specific to Quicken. You can get your PIN by calling our Contact Center at 845.463.3011.
Converting Your Quicken Information
Please follow the reminders and procedures below when converting your Quicken information.
- Please ensure that you can sign on to Internet Banking without issue before establishing a new Quicken connection.
- Your Internet Banking password must be 10 characters or less, which is Quicken requirement.
- Before using Quicken you should also ensure that you have the proper backups for your system. When you purchase the Quicken program, it usually comes with a license agreement that includes support directly from Intuit directly. If these steps do not work, you will have to get Quicken support.
Documentation and Procedures
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described, and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > Quicken Help. Search for Backup Data File and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest Quicken Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > Quicken Help. Search for Update Software and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Deactivate Your Account(s) At Hudson Valley FCU
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit or Edit Details button of the account you want to deactivate.
- In the Account Details dialog, click on the Online Services tab.
- Click on Deactivate. Follow the prompts to confirm the deactivation. the services you currently use and the version of Quicken you are using.
- Click on the General or General Information tab.
- Remove the financial institution name (Hudson Valley FCU). Click OK to close the window.
- Repeat steps 2 – 7 for each account at Hudson Valley FCU (except Credit Card established at GoToMyCard.com).
Task 3: Reactivate Your Account(s) at Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
- Open the account register that you want to enable for online account access.
- Choose Account Actions menu > Set Up Online, or edit the account, in the account list screen, go to the Online Services tab and click “SET UP NOW”.
- Enter/Search for “HVFCU Direct” and click Next.
- Type your Internet Banking User Name and 6-digit PIN provided by an HVFCU representative.
- You will be presented with a list of accounts available for online access.
- Ensure you associate the account to the appropriate account already listed in Quicken. You will want to select Link or Exists in Quicken and select the matching accounts in the drop-down menu. You also have the option to add an account if it is not already in Quicken.
Note, if you don’t see an account when trying to Link, make sure Quicken didn’t automatically try to Link it to another account further down in your list.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT select New or Add In Quicken. If you are presented with accounts you do not want to track in this data file, select Ignore – Don’t Download into Quicken.
- After all accounts have been matched, click Next. You will receive confirmation that your account(s) have been added.
- Click Done or Finish.