Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union recognizes its important role in the community as a business leader. One of our core values is that we are held in high esteem by the communities and businesses that we serve. Our status and importance continues to grow because of our business excellence and our caring actions for the community.
As such, maintaining a positive corporate image enhances our brand and goodwill for Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union with our current and potential members throughout our community. Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union may provide time, resources and monetary support to community agencies and organizations consistent with our image in the community.
Criteria for Contributions of Time, Resources, and Money
Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union will seek to assist charitable organizations within the central Hudson Valley region (Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, and Putnam Counties). The organizations must be not for profits that are located or conduct activities within the HVFCU field of membership, and/or organizations that are tax exempt under Section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union will assist location organizations with efforts focused on:
- Health and Human Services
- Economic Development
- Educational Issues
- Municipal Services (volunteer fire departments, SPCA, etc.)
The credit union will not support organizations that exist solely for religious purposes or political purposes or those that benefit only one individual (e.g. a fund to send one student overseas for study).
Organizations must provide written information regarding their group as well as specific information regarding the event sponsorship or donation requested.
The following criteria will be used when reviewing each request:
- Past experience with this event/group – we will review the past success of events, including comments from sponsors.
- Location – we will ensure the event/group is based in the Hudson Valley.
- Budget – appropriate budget considerations will be made to properly allocate our funds for the year.
- Charitable contributions will not be used to replace nor to expand normal marketing and advertising functions of operational management. Such business objectives shall be accomplished as a part of the normal operations marketing budget.
When Requesting a Charitable Contribution
Please use the Charitable Contribution Request Form for all requests for support of organizations and events. Make sure your request meets the criteria stipulated above. Allow 30 to 60 days for processing.
Mail your request to:
Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
Attn: Charitable Contributions
PO Box 1071
Poughkeepsie, New York 12602-1071
Because Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit organization, we cannot accommodate all eligible requests for contributions. Therefore, we must carefully review all requests and grant support to those organizations that best meet our community involvement objectives.
Required fields marked with *