There’s a Reason People Give Here
This Valley is a place where people know that giving back to the community is about more than giving a donation…it’s about giving of yourself. Because it’s by sharing time, knowledge, and talents with friends and neighbors in need that we create a better quality of life for us all…and build relationships that last for generations.
As one of the largest employers based in the Hudson Valley, the credit union is a positive force in improving the quality of life and economic health of our communities. We are deeply vested in the Valley and are proud to support many local charitable organizations – both through limited monetary donations as well as staff support. In fact, HVFCU employees currently volunteer their time at more than 70 local organizations throughout our field of membership.
If your Section 501c(3) non-profit organization also contributes towards the quality of life or economic health in the Hudson Valley, and is located in Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, or Putnam County, then we’d like to learn more about how we might help your efforts.
HVFCU makes limited charitable grants that benefit:
- The Arts and Sciences
- Economic Development
- Educational Issues and Programs
- Health and Human Services
- Municipal Services
Please note, the credit union does not grant funds to:
- National organizations, unless their programs have significant local impact
- Religious or sectarian organizations
- Political organizations, candidates, or lobbying efforts
- Purposes that benefit only one individual (e.g. a fund to send one student overseas for study)
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, HVFCU has a limited annual budget to distribute across many wonderful charitable organizations located in the Hudson Valley. We encourage you to follow these helpful hints prior to submitting your request.
- Organizations that provide written documentation regarding their group in addition to the event sponsorship or donation request will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
- Charitable donations are reviewed monthly, so please allow ample time for your request to be reviewed. All charitable request will be acknowledged by phone or by mail within 45 days.
- If your sponsorship request includes recognition leading up to a special event, we will factor into our considerations how much time remains before the event occurs.
- If you would like HVFCU to support your organization in multiple ways/events in one calendar year, please consolidate your requests into one submission.
For all of these reasons, we encourage you to submit your request as early as possible. Fields with an * are required fields.
Required fields marked with *