Our members deserve the best in online banking, and as part of our commitment to deliver a superior online banking experience, we are pleased to announce that we will upgrade our personal Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, and Bill Pay systems October 22. We’re excited by the changes to come because we know that we are investing in technology that will make it easier for you to conduct your business online. That same technology will also make it easier to add the features and functionality you’ve asked for now and may ask for in the future.
- Member-to-Member Transfers: Any recipients you have set up for member-to-member transfers will not carry over to our new systems. Take note of any recipients you have set up in our current Internet Banking system that you may want to set up again on our new system. You'll need the recipient's member account number and account ID for the account you transfer to (i.e. checking, savings, etc). You can view a full list of your recipients as follows:
- Login into Internet Banking
- Select Make a Transfer from the Move Money menu
- Select Manage Transfer Destinations
- Please note this list of recipients provides a partial member account number and the account id of the account you have set up. Depending upon when you last transferred to the recipient, you may be able to find their full member account number when searching your account transaction details.
- Mobile Banking: You will continue to use the same username that you use today to login to Mobile Banking. If you presently use biometrics to login into our Mobile Banking app and don’t recall your username, you can find it by looking in the Settings area of our current app. Select More, Settings, My Settings, and then scroll to your username. Verify your username prior to 10/21/19. Our current Mobile Banking app won't be available for download from 10/17/19 until our upgrade is complete.
- Bill Pay
- Verify Payee Information: It is important that you review and correct the names, account numbers, and addresses for any of your payees prior to our upgrade. You may have some payees that are paid electronically that you will be unable to update, but for those you can, compare the information you have in Bill Pay to your actual bills and update accordingly. Please note: your payments may be processing now even if you have incorrect payee names and billing info stored in Bill Pay. Upon our upgrade though, your payments could fail if you have incorrect payee names and billing info in Bill Pay.
- Schedule Payments Before October 17: In preparation for our upgrade, Bill Pay will be unavailable for use beginning October 17. Please schedule any payments prior to October 17. Any payments you have set up between October 17 - October 22 will still process.
- eBills Reminder: It is important to unenroll in any eBills you may have in our current Bill Pay service prior to October 17, when our Bill Pay service is no longer available for use. We had previously recommended that you unenroll in eBills by September 17, however, if you have yet to do so, unenrolling now is better than taking no action at all:
- You can only be enrolled in eBills in one Bill Pay system at a time. If you don't unenroll prior to October 17, your payees will not be notified to end your eBills enrollment in our current Bill Pay service until after our upgrade on October 22. Once your payee receives the unenrollment request after October 22, it could take them up to 60 days or more to open your eBills enrollment in our new Bill Pay service.
- The eBills unenrollment process also triggers your payee to send you paper bills instead of electronic bills. If you don't unenroll in eBills, a payee will not send you paper bills prior to processing you unenrollment request. As mentioned, it could take 60 days or more after October 22 to process your eBills unenrollmet, which means you could have a period of time without receiving a paper bill or electronic bill. This may impact your ability to make accurate and timely payments if your monthly payment varies.
- As a reminder, you can schedule one-time payments prior to October 17 to make any payments during the time your eBills are not activated.
- Money Management: Record any data you want to keep for future reference or use. Your Money Management data and alerts will not carry over to our new system due to differences in how our new tools function.
Here is a sampling of some other changes that will improve your online banking experience:
- Member-to-Member Transfers – We’re enhancing member-to-member transfer functionality with the ability to schedule transfers and set up recurring transfers. We’re also making it easier for you to set up members you regularly transfer to.
- Bill Pay – An improved user experience will make it easier for you to manage your payments online. If you are currently a Bill Pay user, please reference the additional information we have available about the upgrade, paying particular attention to our notices about eBills and verifying your payee billing info.
- Vehicle Leases – If you have a vehicle lease, you’ll be able to view more account details about your lease loan.
- Account Aggregation – For those who like a full picture of all their assets, our account aggregation services will allow you to view accounts you have at other financial institutions, right along with your HVFCU accounts.
- Personal Financial Management Tools – We’re introducing enhanced and easier-to-use tools that will help you gain better insights into your financial health and how you are managing your money. If you use our Money Management tools within Internet Banking, we advise you to record any data you want to keep for future reference or use. Your Money Management data and alerts will not carry over to our new system due to differences in how our new tools function.
- User Settings – Enhanced user settings give you options to customize your online banking experience, including:
- Customize your background image from over 20 pre-loaded images
- Add a profile image (of yourself or perhaps your favorite pet)
- Add external accounts, hide accounts, and reorder accounts on your account dashboard
- Change the names on accounts and give them nicknames
- Update your contact information, including your primary, mailing, and alternate addresses, your email address, and your home, work, and mobile phone numbers
- Manage your settings for the Personal Financial Management Tools
- Revoke tokens in the event your phone is lost or stolen
One of the biggest enhancements we are excited about is that most of the features and functionality that are available within our new Internet Banking will also be available within our enhanced Mobile Banking app.You’ve given our app high ratings, and we’re proud of that score. With the enhancements coming to Mobile Banking, we look forward to building upon that score and giving you even more app tools and functionality for your banking needs.
Please note the following with regards to our new app:
Click through for more information related to our Mobile Banking upgrade.
- Our Mobile Banking will support the latest two iOS versions and as far back as Android version 6.
- iPhone users will have to upgrade to the newest version of our Mobile Banking app. If you don’t have automatic updates turned on, you can update our app by going to the “Updates” tab in the App Store.
- Android users will need to delete our current Mobile Banking app and then download our new app.
- Mobile Deposit users will need to register for the service again.
- Our new app supports biometrics such as Face ID and Touch ID.
Our current Mobile Banking app won't be available for download from 10/17/19 until our upgrade is complete.
Some Mobile Banking users also enjoy the convenience of our Text Banking service to retrieve account balances. We will continue to offer Text Banking as part of our upgrade, and the short code you’ll need is 55124. To use Text Banking you will need to enroll through the "Settings" feature within Internet Banking or Mobile Banking. Add or confirm your mobile phone number and then set it up for SMS Text Banking. You’ll receive a text to confirm your enrollment. Below is a list of Text Banking balance commands:
- BAL: Balances for each of your accounts (unless you’ve hidden the account)
- BAL CHK: Balances for all checking accounts
- BAL SAV: Balances for all savings accounts
- BAL INV: Balances for all certificate, investment, or tiered money market accounts
- BAL LOAN: Balances for all auto loans, mortgages, close-ended, or open-ended loans
- Help: Returns a list of valid Text Banking commands
- Stop: Disables Text Banking
Important Information for Quicken/Quickbooks Users
If you currently use Quicken/Quickbooks, please note that you will need to access Quicken/Quickbooks through Web Connect, as Direct Connect will no longer be available. As a result of this change, you will not be able to perform transactions or pay your bills within Quicken/Quickbooks. Visit the Quicken
website to learn more about Web Connect and reference the conversion guides below.
Additionally, please note the following:
- Up to one year of transaction history, pre-dating 10/22/19, will be available for download.
- Aggregation/Express Web Connect services will be unavailable for five business days beginning 10/22/19. If you are unable to wait five days, please note:
- Express Web Connect users can covert to Web Connect
- Quickbooks Online users can export a Web Connect file
- Mint users should not open Mint for five business days after our upgrade to ensure that Mint is properly updated.
- Additional support can be found at the links below:
Special Note Regarding Internet Explorer 11
Our new Internet Banking system does not support Internet Explorer 11. If you use IE11, you can use Internet Banking but some features and functionality may not work optimally with this browser. Microsoft’s default browser is now Edge, and that is the browser they support. To protect the security of your information and for a better user experience, we recommend using supported browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
If you have any questions about our upgrades, please call us at 845.463.3011, chat with us online
, send us an email
, or stop into any branch