Your HVFCU Business Visa® Debit Card with Rewards is the perfect companion to your business checking account because of the versatility and convenience it offers. Use your card instead of cash or checks at merchants that accept Visa debit card transactions. You’ll earn points with every qualified transaction you make that can be redeemed for cash and travel rewards. Your Business Visa Debit Card also functions as an ATM card for instant access to your accounts.
- Signature-based (credit) purchases earn you one HVFCU Rewards! point 1 for every three dollars you spend. Points are redeemable for travel, cash back, charitable donations, gift cards, or merchandise rewards2. View the difference between credit and debit transactions.
- Track and redeem reward points at the HVFCU Rewards! website. (Please note: Visa Debit Card point balance updates are made monthly.)
- Unlimited, free access at HVFCU ATMs, and up to 15 free foreign transactions each month at network ATMs worldwide. (Note: the owner of the ATM may impose a fee still, even if HVFCU does not.)
- Worldwide acceptance of the Visa name.
- Access more than 82,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide.
- Account monitoring with Visa Alerts.
- Shop with added security when you enroll your card in the Verified by Visa program.
Additional Visa Debit Card Features
- Extended Warranty
- 90-Day Product Protection
- $1,000 Identity Theft Reimbursement Insurance
- Identity Theft Victim Assistance
- Personal Shopper Service
View a full description of these features to learn more.
HVFCU Rewards! Program
Use your card. Earn points. Choose your rewards. It’s that simple! HVFCU Rewards! is a simple, easy to use program that lets you earn points when you use your HVFCU BusinessVisa® Debit Card. HVFCU Rewards! offers you the freedom to choose the rewards you really want. How and when you use your points is up to you. To enroll in HVFCU Rewards!, please complete our enrollment form, which you can access via the “HVFCU Rewards! Enrollment” option on our secure email page.
HVFCU Rewards! Program Features
- Free, automatic program enrollment with your Business Visa Debit Card.
- Earn points when using the “credit” option for signature-based transactions.1 Remember that some merchants do not have you sign for purchases under $50 or $25, for example. In these instances you still earn points even if you don’t physically sign. As long as you don’t enter a PIN, you earn points.
- Choose from travel, cash back, charitable donations, gift cards, or merchandise rewards.
- View your earnings history and redeem your points at hvfcurewards.org (login and password set up required)
- Combine Visa Debit Card and Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card points for greater reward options.
Business Visa Debit Card Reward Points
- Earn one point for every three dollars spent on qualifying purchases.
- Points valid for three years.
Earn Bonus Points with Exclusive Perks!
HVFCU Rewards! also offers you three additional opportunities to grow your point balance:
- 5x Points at the Perks Points Mall – Shop the online network of over 800 top national and regional merchants and be rewarded even more. You will earn 5x points on all purchases made online after selecting the links to the merchants through the Perks Points Mall. Many merchants offer exclusive discounts on top of the bonus points.
- 3x Points at Our More Points Superstore – Earn 3x points on all purchases including brand name merchandise and popular gift cards for dining, entertainment, shopping and travel related expenses including hotels, fuel and car rental.
- Save Big with Daily Deals – We’ve pooled local deals into one, easy to access location. Save big on dining, apparel, health and beauty, entertainment, travel, toys and games, fitness, and more.
The Perks Points Mall, More Points superstore, and Daily Deals are all available when you go to our HVFCU Rewards website.
To monitor or redeem your rewards points, go directly to the HVFCU Rewards! website. To start, you’ll be required to enter your full card number and zip code, and create a login and password. At the HVFCU Rewards! site you can monitor your points earned and expired in a given month, and you can even see how many points are set to expire in the upcoming 120 days. When you are ready to cash in your points you can choose from these various rewards::
- Merchandise Rewards – Redeem points for brand-name merchandise in a variety of categories: electronics, housewares, jewelry, fitness, and gourmet foods.
- Travel Rewards – Choose from a variety of options that include airline tickets, hotel accommodations, rental car certificates, cruises, and vacation packages.
- Gift Cards – Choose from a vast array of merchants for dining, entertainment, fuel, shopping, salon and spa.
- Cash Back – Redeem your points and receive a credit to your account.
- Charitable Donations – Use your points for a greater good by selecting CharityChoice gift cards. You may designate the funds for up to three charities of your choice from the online list. CharityChoice, the nonprofit administrator, offers over 100 carefully selected major charitable causes, conveniently organized into 12 categories.
We’ve Gone Mobile
Visit the HVFCU Rewards! website on your mobile device and save it to your home screen for easy access. You can review your account statement, browse rewards, and redeem points on your mobile device.
You can reach HVFCU Rewards! Customer Service at any time by calling 866.678.5189 . They have an interactive voice response system that lets you to:
- Check your point balance
- Book travel or inquire on an existing reservation
- Place an order for merchandise or gift cards
You can also speak with a live representative regarding merchandise orders, 24/7. Travel representatives are available Monday – Friday, 6 am – 1 am EST and Saturday & Sunday, 7 am – 11 pm EST.
Terms and Conditions
For additional information about HVFCU Rewards!, please refer to our terms and conditions.
1 Visa Debit Card reward points require signature-authorized transactions to earn points. PIN-based, point-of-sale, ATM transactions, cash withdrawals, and checks do not earn points.
2 Your account must be open and in good standing (not over-the-limit or past due) to earn or redeem points.
Credit vs. Debit Transactions
Below is an overview of how Visa Debit Card transactions are processed as either credit transactions or debit transactions.
- Credit transactions are also referred to as signature-based transactions.
- You swipe your Visa Debit Card and select credit on the keypad (and often hit “cancel”), or tell a sales associate it is a credit transaction.
- You sign for your transaction and no PIN is required.
- Your transaction is not withdrawn from your account immediately and will be held against your available balance.
- Your transaction appears with the merchant name and letters CHG.
- Purchases made over the phone and via the internet are processed as credit transactions.
- Debit transactions are also referred to as PIN-based. There are two types of PIN-based transactions: POS and ATM.
- You swipe your Visa Debit Card and select debit on the keypad.
- You enter your PIN on the keypad.
- Your transaction is debited from a designated checking account immediately.
- Your transaction is posted with the merchant address and appears as an ATM transaction.
- The ATM & POS daily withdrawal limit is $2,500.
Verified by Visa
Shop with confidence online when you enroll your Visa Debit Card in the Verified by Visa program. This additional level of protection verifies account ownership at the time you make online purchases through the use of a secure password. Verified by Visa authenticates your information and sends the online merchant a confirmation that your identity has been verified. This ensures that only you can use your card online at participating stores.
- Verified by Visa is a free service. Register your HVFCU Visa Debit Card online at the Verified by Visa website. Primary and joint cardholders will be required to create separate passwords.