- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Putnam County – Offers programs and information on many issues such as economic vitality, waste reduction, water conservation, parenting, and youth development. The Putnam Community Service Network is also part of the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Putnam County.
- New York State Small Business Development Center – The NYSSBDC provides free, one-to-one business advisement and information to existing or aspiring entrepreneurs in New York. The SBDC partners with numerous organizations on projects that advance the job development, investment, and economic growth opportunities of New Yorkers, with an emphasis on manufacturers, exporters, and technology-oriented firms.
- New York State’s Empire State Development – The mission of Empire State Development (ESD) is to promote business investment and growth that leads to job creation and prosperous communities across New York State.
- New York’s Tech Valley – Tech Valley is dedicated to providing excellent career and educational opportunities and a high quality of lifestyles to all who live locally. Tech Valley is an organization which is deeply rooted in invention and innovation, and is backed by strong community involvement, a robust business environment, and government-led initiatives. They can help you get started in your own business.
- Pattern for Progress – A non-profit, public policy research and planning institute, and serves a nine-county region including Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, and Westchester Counties. Their mission is to preserve and promote the social, economic, and natural environments of the Hudson Valley region by building consensus for a pattern of growth that will insure a high quality of life.
- Putnam Associated Resource Centers – A state and federally funded, non-profit organization that serves people with developmental disabilities. PARC’s five main programs include: vocational rehabilitation, preschool and early intervention services, day treatment and day habilitation, clinic services, and residential services.
- Putnam Arts Council – A not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting the arts in Putnam County and the mid-Hudson region. PAC offers a variety of programs and services to artists, arts organizations, and the community.
- Putnam County Independent Business Alliance – Some of the goals of the PCIBA are to:
- Keep dollars in Putnam County’s economy
- Conserve tax dollars
- Foster local job creation
- Preserve entrepreneurship
- Benefit from local owners’ expertise.
- Putnam County New York Economic Development Corporation – A non-profit organization incorporated to act as the external marketing organization for the economic and employment development of Putnam County.
- Putnam / Northern Westchester BOCES – Established as a means for the school districts of Putnam and Northern Westchester Counties to cooperatively carry out studies, develop specialized facilities, and offer shared educational programs and services.
- Putnam Score – Staffed with volunteers from a variety of business backgrounds who are dedicated to assisting clients start their own business or helping solve problems for those already in business.
- Putnam Valley Business Association – Fosters community collaborations, and promotes and supports local business by providing networking opportunities, multimedia marketing, and educational workshops.
- Rotary International – Provides services to others, promotes integrity, and advances world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders. Rotary Clubs in Putnam County include:
- Rotary Club of Brewster – Meets Tuesday’s at 12:15 pm
- Rotary Club of Carmel – Meets Thursday’s at 12:15 pm
- Rotary Club of Lake Mahopac – Meets Wednesday’s at 12:15 pm
- Rotary Club Patterson – Meets second – last Tuesday of each month at 7:15 pm
- Rotary Club of Putnam Valley – Meets Wednesday’s at 6:15 pm
- ShopPutnamCounty.com – Lists the resources and services for the entire county including federal, state, and local government offices. Also listed are hospitals, health centers, places of worship, public and private schools, places to go, things to do, and transportation information.
- Small Business Administration – The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist, and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise, and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. They help Americans start, build, and grow businesses. Through an extensive network of field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations, SBA delivers its services to people throughout the United States.
Chambers of Commerce
- Brewster Chamber of Commerce – A not-for-profit organization dedicated to enriching business, community, and industrial growth and development in the Brewster area.
- Cold Spring Area Chamber of Commerce – Unifies and connects businesses, local community, and visitors. It strives to promote economic vitality and enhance quality of life.
- The Greater Mahopac – Carmel Chamber of Commerce – A not-for-profit organization of local business people working together to benefit the Mahopac-Carmel area.
- Carmel – Kent Chamber of Commerce – Dedicated to promoting the businesses and professional services of Central Putnam County.
- Patterson Chamber of Commerce – Organized to advance the business, professional, commercial, industrial, civic, and general residential interests of the Town of Patterson and its trade areas.
- Putnam County Chambers of Commerce – The Putnam County Chambers of Commerce is dedicated to serving as the primary advocate, voice, and resource for the business community, in order to promote its members, provide educational opportunities, and to enhance individually viable commerce districts throughout the country.
Income Tax Implications of Business Use of Your Home
There are income tax implications when you use your home for a business. Learn more through the following IRS publication: