- Cornell Cooperative Extension Ulster County – Offers resources, tools, and education through on-going community programming in efforts to improve the lives of a broad and diverse county population. Program areas include Agriculture, Horticulture, 4-H Youth Development, Family and Consumer Science, and Environmental programs.
- Council of Industry of Southeastern New York – A privately funded not-for-profit organization, whose mission is to promote the success of its member firms and their employees, and through them contribute to the success of the Hudson Valley Community.
- Mid-Hudson Small Business Development Center – Serving Delaware, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Schoharie, Sullivan, and Ulster Counties, SBDC helps their clients understand the importance of a business plan, discover sources of funding, prepare for e-commerce, identify avenues for exporting goods & services, assess an invention’s viability, and comply with licensing & regulations.
- New York State Small Business Development Center – The NYSSBDC provides free, one-to-one business advisement and information to existing or aspiring entrepreneurs in New York. The SBDC partners with numerous organizations on projects that advance the job development, investment, and economic growth opportunities of New Yorkers, with an emphasis on manufacturers, exporters, and technology-oriented firms.
- New York State’s Empire State Development – The mission of Empire State Development (ESD) is to promote business investment and growth that leads to job creation and prosperous communities across New York State.
- New York’s Tech Valley – Tech Valley is dedicated to providing excellent career and educational opportunities and a high quality of lifestyles to all who live locally. Tech Valley is an organization which is deeply rooted in invention and innovation, and is backed by strong community involvement, a robust business environment, and government-led initiatives. They can help you get started in your own business.
- Pattern for Progress – Pattern for Progress is a non-profit, public policy research and planning institute, and serves a nine-county region including Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, and Westchester Counties. Their mission is to preserve and promote the social, economic, and natural environments of the Hudson Valley region by building consensus for a pattern of growth that will insure a high quality of life.
- SCORE – Ulster Chapter 533 – SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth, and success of small business nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S Small Business Administration (SBA).The Ulster Chapter has provided assistance to the business community in Ulster and surrounding counties for more then twenty years. The Chapter provides counseling for startup businesses, businesses trying to expand, and those that are experiencing difficulties.
- Small Business Administration – The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist, and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise, and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. They help Americans start, build, and grow businesses. Through an extensive network of field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations, SBA delivers its services to people throughout the United States.
- Ulster County Development Corp – The Ulster County Development Corporation, a private not-for-profit organization, is the lead economic development agency for the County with a mission of creating and maintaining jobs through the attraction of new business or the retention and expansion of existing business.
Chambers of Commerce
- Ulster County Regional Chamber of Commerce – The Chamber of Commerce of Ulster County provides services and advocacy on behalf of its membership and the community to advance the economic health and vitality of Ulster County.
- Ellenville/Wawarsing Chamber of Commerce – The purpose of the chamber is to promote economic development, tourism, community betterment, legislative action, and an interest in public affairs, with programs designed to make the community a better place in which to live and make a living. The primary area of service shall include all of the Town of Wawarsing, although membership by those outside the primary area is welcomed.
- New Paltz Regional Chamber of Commerce – The New Paltz Regional Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of advancing the business, industrial, agricultural and civic interests of New Paltz and the surrounding areas
- Rosendale Chamber of Commerce – The Chamber of Commerce is organized to promote business activity and economic development in every area of the Town of Rosendale. The Chamber recognizes that Rosendale is a small town blessed with areas of great natural beauty, unique historical assets, and a diverse, talented population. The Chamber will support and promote business activity consistent with those assets of the town.
- Saugerties Area Chamber of Commerce – The Saugerties Area Chamber of Commerce (SACofC) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to improving the business climate in the Saugerties Area.
- Southern Ulster Chamber of Commerce – The mission of the Southern Ulster Chamber of Commerce is to create a strong voice for local business, improve the local economy, help their neighbors network, promote the area’s high quality of life, and identify and create resources for commerce.
- Woodstock Chamber of Commerce & Art – The chamber develops, encourages, promotes, and protects the commercial, professional, financial, artistic, and general business interests of the Town of Woodstock. It promotes civic interests of the community and extends and promotes the trade, commerce, and industry and arts of the Town of Woodstock.
Income Tax Implications of Business Use of Your Home
There are income tax implications when you use your home for a business. Learn more through the following IRS publication: