While there is no charge by HVFCU to use CUAlerts, standard text message rates apply if you choose your mobile phone as a means of notification. Please check with your particular service provider and plan for your text message rates. To ensure that you receive your notifications, please be sure to whitelist [email protected]
Types of CUAlerts Notifications Available
- Account Balance – Notification sent when your account balance falls above or below an amount you specify. You choose which accounts you want this notification for as well as when you want the notifications (daily, weekly or one time only).
- Direct Deposits – Notification sent when an ACH transaction or payroll deposit is credited to your account above an amount you specify.
- Checks Cleared – Notification sent when a check clears your checking account. You can choose to be notified when a specific check number clears or when a check clears above an amount you specify.
- Automatic Withdrawals – Notification sent when an ACH transaction is debited to any of your accounts above an amount you specify.
- Insufficient Funds – Notification sent when a check fails to clear your account after overdraft protection and Privilege Pay options have been exhausted. (Please note that this alert does not pertain to Visa Debit Card transactions. Additionally, when you receive this notification, you may be subject to NSF and Privilege Pay fees. Please refer to our fee schedule.)
- Privilege Pay – Notification sent when an item is paid using Privilege Pay.
- Regulation D Notification – Notification sent when a withdrawal or transfer from your savings or money market account counts towards the maximum six you are allowed to make for the account in a given month.
- Certificate Maturing – Notification sent to notify you when your certificate account is maturing. You specify the number of days in advance you would like to be notified and whether you would like the notification sent only once or daily until the certificate account matures.
- Loan Account Balance – Notification sent when your loan balance falls above or below an amount you specify. You choose the loan accounts you want this notification for as well as when you want the notifications (daily, weekly, or one time only).
- Loan Payment Due – Notification sent to notify you when your loan payment is due. You specify the number of days in advance you would like to be notified and whether you would like the notification sent only once or daily until the payment is due.
- Mortgage Payments – Notifications sent to notify you when your mortgage balance is below an amount your specify, when your next payment is due, when your payment has been received, and if your payment is past due.
CULetters is a companion service to CUAlerts, and if you receive account alerts through CUAlerts, you are automatically set up to receive these additional notifications. You’ll receive an email or text notification each time you have a CULetters notification. To view the notification, sign on to Internet Banking and click the CUAlerts option at the top of the page. For your reference, CULetters keeps six months of notifications history within Internet Banking.
Enroll in CUAlerts & CULetters
To start receiving electronic notifications for CUAlerts and CULetters, simply sign on to Internet Banking and click the CUAlerts option at the top of the page.
CUAlerts & CULetters FAQs
Click a question to display its answer.
To sign-up for CUAlerts and CULetters, sign-on to Internet Banking, click the “CUAlerts” option, and then proceed with the enrollment instructions as indicated. You are asked to agree to the CUAlerts terms and conditions and verify / enter your primary address. Once that is done, an activation code is then sent to your primary address. You must enter that activation code within CUAlerts so that you can set up notifications. There is not an option to select specific CULetters notifications. These types of notifications are grouped as a whole and are sent to you as applicable based on your account activity.
Once within CUAlerts click the “Create New Account Alert” button. You are then able to select the alert type, the delivery address for the alert, and the notification criteria.
Once you are within Internet Banking and within CUAlerts, you can cancel both your CUAlerts and CULetters notifications by clicking the “Cancel CUAlerts” option from the top menu. Please note: CUAlerts and CULetters notifications are linked together and it is not possible to cancel one without cancelling the other.
Notifications can be created for all HVFCU accounts except for credit cards and student loans.
CUAlerts requires a valid email address or valid mobile device text / email address for the actual alert notifications. CULetters also requires a valid email address or valid mobile device text / email address for the initial notification that you have a notice waiting within Internet Banking. If you use a spam blocker, you should allow emails from addresses using the hvfcu.org domain and whitelist [email protected]
To change an address that notifications are sent to, click the “Alert Addresses” option from the top menu within CUAlerts. You are then able to edit an existing address or create a new one.
Member account numbers do not display fully in notifications. Product codes and account names help you identify which of your accounts a notification is for.
For example, a notification about a savings account balance could appear as follows: “Your ‘****123S1-SAVINGS’ account balance is $89.84. It is below the $1,000.00 amount that you designated when setting up this notification.”
Joint account holders may receive the same CUAlerts notifications that primary account holders receive. You can arrange this by adding the address of a joint account holder as an alternate delivery address (from the “Alert Addresses” menu option). Please note that alerts can only be created for accounts held under a primary member number.
Depending on the notification selected, CUAlerts allows you to specify how many times you would like notifications sent, on a per day or per week basis. You can edit this by clicking the notification description from the list of all notifications you have created. You can also choose to receive a notification only once, instead of a designated number of times per day or week.
There is not an option to select the frequency with which CULetters notifications are sent. These types of notifications are grouped as a whole and are sent to you as applicable based on your account activity.
Please call our Contact Center at 845.463.3011 / 800.468.3011 regarding notifications older than six months.
If I use CUAlerts and CULetters, will HVFCU share any addresses I provide with other third-parties or use them for purposes other than CUAlerts notifications?