While there is no charge by HVFCU to use Visa Alerts, standard text message rates apply if you choose your mobile phone as a means of notification. Please check with your particular service provider and plan for your text message rates.
You can enroll your HVFCU Visa Debit Card and / or your HVFCU Visa credit card in Visa Alerts. When enrolling, you also have the option to register two email addresses and two cell phone numbers.
Types of Notifications Available
- Authorizations for $20 or more
- All phone or online purchases
- All transactions outside of the United States (regardless of dollar amount)
- All gas purchases
- Declined transactions
Tips for Recognizing Unfamiliar Authorizations
It is possible that you may not recognize an alert for a transaction that you did make. Below are some situations to consider:
- Automatic bill payments that are set up for recurring billing, such as that for your cable or telephone bill, or a gym membership.
- Large purchase that are divided into smaller transactions
- Aggregated charges
- Transactions made by other authorized users
Lost / Stolen / Replacement Cards
If you have a lost, stolen, or replacement Visa Debit Card or Visa credit card, you will need to enroll your new card in Visa Alerts.