- Password Resets / Troubleshooting / Difficulty Signing-On
- Quicken & Quickbooks Troubleshooting
Quick Tips for Navigating Our Internet Banking System
Below are some quick tips to help you get acclimated to our new Internet Banking system. Click a topic link to view the tips for that topic.
Tips for Signing On to Internet Banking
- You will use your member account number in the username field and your Internet Banking password in the password field the first time you sign on to Internet Banking. You will also be prompted to create a new username and password during this initial sign on.
- Your new username must be between six and 20 characters, and cannot be all numbers. It can be a combination of letters, numbers, and the following special characters: @ $ * _ – = . ! ~.
- Your new password must be between six and 32 characters, must be a combination of letters, numbers, and / or the following special characters: @ $ * _ – = . ! ~, and cannot contain your username.
- Use of one-time verification codes allow you to register your computer and browser. To enhance your security, verification codes expire after ten minutes.
- An email address must be added as a verification option.
- If you use more than one browser, such as Internet Explorer and Firefox, you have to authorize each browser in order to avoid being prompted to enter a one-time verification code at sign-on.
- If you clear your computer’s cookies, you will need to register your computer again if you do not want to be prompted to enter a one-time verification code each time you sign-on to Internet Banking. Your Internet Banking authorization is stored in an encrypted cookie on your computer, and when your clear your browser cookies this encrypted cookie is erased.
Tips for Viewing Your Accounts
- When you view your accounts, they are listed in alphabetical order.
- You have access to 12 months of account history.
- The “Quick Peek” feature allows you to view the last five days of your account history without clicking through to your full account details.
- You can customize your account details to view the most recent 10 days, the most recent 30 days, a specific month, or a range of dates — whichever you choose. Once you set your preference, select “Always use this date range” to save it for future sign-ons.
- Pending authorizations display at the top of the account details page for a given account.
- Check holds are reflected in your available account balance, but there is not a special field in your account details that lists your total check hold amount.
- To view copies of a cleared checks, simply click the check number within your account details. Some checks may not be available, such as those a merchant converts to an ACH payment.
- You can view the interest rate and year-to-date interest earned on a specific account by clicking the “See account details” link on the right side of the page within your account details.
- If you don’t see one of your accounts listed in your account summary, please go into the account nicknames settings under “Profile” and make sure that the account is enabled for viewing.
- You have the ability to search the descriptions of your account details. If you would like to search for specific direct deposits, simply view your account details and search for terms like “Social Security” or “Payroll”.
- You can choose to display (or hide) your accounts within Internet Banking. To change the accounts that display, click the “Account Nicknames” link through the “My Profile” option at the top right of the page. Check (or uncheck) the “Enable” box next to each account name to display or hide the account.
Tips for Making Transfers
- You have the ability to make a transfer to your accounts from our Internet Banking homepage. Select the “Make a Transfer” option under “Move Money”. You can also make the transfer from within your account details using the “Make a Transfer” option.
- To make a principal only payment on your loan, select the “Make a Transfer” option from the “Move Money” menu. The “Make a Transfer” button on the Internet Banking homepage does not offer principal only payments functionality.
- Scheduled transfers between your accounts occur at 8 am ET on the date you schedule.
- To make a transfer to another member, select the “Member to Member Transfer” option from the “Move Money” menu. You cannot schedule transfers to other members. Transfers can only be scheduled between your own accounts. We suggest using Bill Pay or Popmoney if you need to schedule a future payment to another member.
- To make a transfer to a non-HVFCU member, select the “External Transfer” option from the “Move Money” menu and choose the option to Pay Other People with Popmoney.
- To make a transfer to an account you have at another financial institution, select the “External Transfer” option from the “Move Money” menu and choose the option to “Transfer Between My Accounts.” During setup, you will need to make test deposits to activate your account. These test deposits may take up to two days to post. Please note, once setup, external transfers may take up to four business days to process. You will need to have a checking account with HVFCU to use this service.
- Avoid the use of special characters in the memo field when making transfers. Use of special characters in this field causes the transfer to fail.
- You are not able to schedule member to member transfers. To schedule a transfer, please send money through Bill Pay or Popmoney.
Tips for Paying Bills
- You can schedule bill payments directly on the homepage within Internet Banking.
- You can make same-day payments when permitted by your billers.
- You may set up two accounts for use through Bill Pay.
- You may only use Bill Pay for accounts that you are the primary account holder.
- If you are paying your bills through Mobile Banking, any new billers must first be added within Internet Banking before you can pay them using your mobile device.
- To open a new savings or certificate account, select the “Open Account/Apply for a Loan” option from the “Additional Services” menu. You can open a certificate account for 3, 6, 12, 24, 36, 48, or 60 months. Please note, it may take up to two business days to see your new savings or certificate account within Internet Banking.
- To make a principal only payment on a loan, select the “Principal Only" option on the “Make a Transfer” page.
- Our Internet Banking system times out after twenty minutes of inactivity.
- We have online password maintenance if you forget your password. No need to call our Contact Center as you can simply reset your password online.
- You can update / change your account information through the “My Profile” option at the top right of the page, including:
- Username, password, and security contacts
- Account nicknames
- Email address, mailing address, and phone numbers (through the “User Options” link)
Internet Banking offers a variety of tools and features to help manage your accounts online. With Internet Banking you can:
|Review balances and 12 months of transaction history, including debit holds||View eStatements|
|View credit card account details via the GoToMyCard website||Pay your bills with HVFCU Bill Pay and make person-to-person payments with Popmoney|
|Reorder checks||Open a savings, checking, money market, or certificate account|
|Monitor savings and loan account activity with CUAlerts notifications||Transfer funds between your HVFCU accounts (Please note: scheduled transfers between your accounts occur at 8 am EST on the date you schedule)|
|Transfer funds between your HVFCU accounts and your accounts at other financial institutions||Transfer funds to another member’s accounts|
|Make loan payments||View and print copies of cleared checks|
|Review interest paid and dividends earned||Place stop payments on checks|
|Track your spending, create budgets, manage your bills, and measure your net worth with the personal financial management tools in FinanceWorks|| Download account information to Quicken, Quickbooks, and Excel
(You may need to deactivate your account & reactivate it again to use Quicken. You may also want to review our Quicken & Quickbooks troubleshooting tips.)
Quickbooks Direct Connect
If you use Quickbooks to help manage your finances, you can use Quickbooks through Quickbooks Direct Connect. Simply download your transaction history through the Direct Connect desktop client by selecting “Hudson Valley FCU”.
Please note, you must be an Internet Banking user and need to use your Internet Banking sign on information in order to download your history through Direct Connect.
The demo below will give you a general overview of our Internet Banking functionality. There may be slight variances in wording and features between our actual system and the functionality shown in the demo.
Initial Sign On to Internet Banking
Please follow the steps below to get started:
- For your initial sign on, you will use your member account number and password to access Internet Banking. Enter your member number in the username field and your password in the password field.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions when prompted.
- Create a new username and password. Your username must be six to 20 characters, cannot be all numbers, and can be a combination of letters, numbers, and the following special characters: @ $ * _ – = . ! ~ . Your password must be six to 32 characters, must be a combination of letters, numbers, and / or the following special characters: @ $ * _ – = . ! ~, and cannot contain your username. After your initial sign on, you will no longer use your member number to access Internet Banking.
- Enter your contact information (phone number and email) so that your access can be verified through a one-time verification code. This verification code helps protect your account from fraudulent activity and is sent within ten seconds of being requested. You can receive this code by text, email, or phone call. Enter the verification code into the system when prompted.
- After entering your one-time verification code, you have the option to register your computer and browser. When you register your computer and browser, you skip the one-time verification code process outlined above during subsequent sign-ons to the Internet Banking system. Please note: You will need to repeat this one-time verification code process any time you access Internet Banking from a computer that has not been registered or anytime you clear your browser history along with your cookies and cache. You must also go through the one-time verification code process again any time you use a new or different browser from that which is registered.