If you are a Quickbooks user, you will need to modify your Quickbooks settings to ensure a smooth transition of your account data to HVFCU Quickbooks Retail. To complete these instructions, you will need your Internet Banking username and password.
Documentation and Procedures
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Update QuickBooks, then select Updating QuickBooks or Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
- Switch to single user mode. For instructions to switch to single user mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Switch to Single User Mode and follow the instructions. IMPORTANT: All instructions will be written for Register Mode configuration.
- Enable Register Mode. For instructions to enable Register Mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Online Banking Modes, select Online Banking Modes Overview, scroll down, and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Connect to Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
- Sign on to Internet Banking and download your transactions into QuickBooks.
- Repeat this step for each account (such as checking, savings, and credit cards) that you use for Internet Banking.
Task 3: Match Downloaded Transactions
- Choose the Banking menu →click Online Banking → click Online Banking Center.
- Click the Financial Institution drop-down arrow and choose Hudson Valley FCU.
- Go to the Items Received list and click the electronic statement you want to see to select it.
- Click the View button.
- Click the transaction in the electronic statement (at the bottom of the window) that you want to match to a transaction in the register.
- Click the transaction in the register (at the top of the window) to match to.
- Click the Match button. Repeat steps 5 – 7 for each transaction. If you need assistance matching transactions, choose Help menu >> QuickBooks Help. Search for Matching Transactions and follow the instructions.
Task 4: Deactivate Your Accounts
IMPORTANT: All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to deactivating your accounts.
- Choose the Lists menu → Chart of Accounts.
- Left click the account you want to deactivate.
- Click Edit on the menu →click Edit Account.
- In the Edit Account window, click on the Online Services tab.
- Select Deactivate All Online Services → click Save & Close.
- Click OK for any messages
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 for each account at Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union.
Task 5: Re-activate Your Accounts at HVFCU Quickbooks Retail
- Sign on to HVFCU Quickbooks Retail through Internet Banking.
- Download and import your transactions into QuickBooks. IMPORTANT: To avoid the possibility of creating duplicate records when downloading into QuickBooks, select a “from” date that does not include records previously downloaded.
- In QuickBooks, click the Import new transactions now radio button, then click OK. NOTE: If you previously removed the check from the “Always give me the option of saving to a file…” option, then this dialog will not display.
- In the Select Bank Account dialog, click Use an existing QuickBooks account radio button.
- In the corresponding drop-down list, select your QuickBooks account, and click Continue.
- Confirm the prompt by clicking OK. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each account that you previously disabled. NOTE: Verify that all transactions downloaded successfully into your account registers.
Task 6: Re-enable Side by Side mode (if necessary)
If you use the Side by Side mode for online banking, follow these steps to enable it. If you prefer register mode, you are finished with your conversion.
- Enable Side by Side mode. For instructions to enable Side by Side mode, choose Help menu → QuickBooks Help.
- Search for Online Banking Modes, select Online Banking Modes overview and follow the instructions.