- Password Resets / Troubleshooting / Difficulty Signing-On
- Quicken & Quickbooks Troubleshooting
If you are having trouble signing-on or using Internet Banking, first verify that you are entering your username and password correctly when prompted.
If you find that you need to have your Internet Banking username and / or password reset, you can reset them online.
If you have trouble using certain features and functionality within Internet Banking, the actions below may offer assistance and help the performance of your computer.
If you are using Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
- Click “Tools”, and select “Internet Options” on the Internet Explorer menu bar.
- Click the "Genera"l tab.
- Click “Delete Files”.
NOTE: Be careful not to select Delete Cookies instead of Delete Files as this will remove all the cookies stored on the computer.
- Click “OK” on the “Delete Files” dialog box.
- Click "OK’.
If you are using Firefox, follow these steps:
- From the top menu, click “Tools > Options”.
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Click the “Network” tab.
- In “Offline Storage”, click the “Clear Now” button.
- Click “OK”.
If you are using Safari, follow these steps:
- From the top menu, click “Safari”.
- Click “Empty Cache”.
- In the “Warning” dialog box, click “Empty”.
- Click “Done” and close window.
If you are using America Online 7.0, follow these steps:
- Click Settings, and select Preferences on the AOL menu bar.
- Click Internet Properties (WWW).
- Click Delete Files.
- Click OK.
If you are using America Online for Macintosh, follow these steps:
- Click Members.
- Click Preferences.
- Scroll down to Web.
- Click Empty Cache.
3. Enable cookies (both 1st and 3rd party).
4. Make sure your security level is set to medium or lower.
Additional Troubleshooting Tips
- Please refrain from using the “back” button when signed on to Internet Banking.
- Internet Banking times out after twenty minutes of inactivity. When this occurs, you will be brought back to the Internet Banking sign on screen.
- In order to open accounts online through Internet Banking you have to remove pop-up blockers and allow hvfcuonline.org as an exception.
- If you receive a message along the lines of “Your security certificate has expired,” it may mean that the date and time on your computer is incorrect.
- If you should be seeing an account that you are joint on but you are not, please call us at 845.463.3011.