Please be aware that while HVFCU does not charge you to use Mobile Banking, data charges associated with your phone or mobile device usage may apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for more information.
With Mobile Banking, you can:
- View account balances
- View account transaction history
- Transfer funds between your HVFCU accounts (transfers to another member’s accounts are not available)
- Pay your bills
- Deposit checks directly into your HVFCU saving, checking, or money market accounts with Mobile Remote Deposit Capture (see below)
- View copies of cleared checks
- Find branches and ATMs (including surcharge-free ATMs)
- Get available account balances and conduct transfers via text message (Please refer to our our Quick Guide to Text Banking Commands and Shortcuts for additional information about how to use Text Banking)
As of June 17, 2013, our Mobile Banking app has changed. If you used our app previous to this date, that app will no longer work. To use Mobile Banking, you can download our app from the Apple iTunes Store or Google Play.
Additionally, our Mobile Banking app uses the same username and password as our Internet Banking system, so you must first enroll and sign on to Internet Banking before using our app.
Deposit Checks with Mobile Remote Deposit Capture
Make deposits via your iPhone or Android device anytime, anywhere. Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) is convenient, secure, and easy to use.
- Save time with fewer trips to our branches
- Deposit checks directly into your HVFCU saving, checking or money market accounts
- Get confirmation on your mobile device for each successful deposit
Text Banking allows you to get your available account balances and conduct transfers via text message.
Once you have enrolled your mobile phone number, you will receive an activation code. A text message will then be sent to you prompting you to reply with your activation code. After replying with your activation code, your phone number will be activated for Text Banking.
When Text Banking, you will need to text to the short-code 454545. We recommend that you add this short-code to your mobile phone’s address book.
Please refer to our our Quick Guide to Text Banking Commands and Shortcuts for additional information about how to use Text Banking.
Please note: Text Banking will not work if a Short Code Messaging block was put on your phone. You may receive an error code or an ambiguous command message if they are being blocked. You will need to contact your carrier to remove the block in order to utilize Text Banking.
Username & Password Resets
Our Internet Banking system and Mobile Banking app use the same username and password, so if you forget either of those, you can reset them online.
Mobile Banking Customer Service
For assistance with Mobile Banking, please call 845.463.3011 / 800.468.3011 and select option #7 for Internet Banking support.
Mobile Optimized Website
If you have a Blackberry mobile phone or an older Android-based mobile device, you can use a mobile optimized version of our website by going to http://mb.hvfcu.org. From there you can check your account balances, make transfers, and access Bill Pay.
1 Mobile Banking is not available for business accounts at this time.
Mobile Remote Deposit Capture Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for mobile RDC?
Members with HVFCU for more than 90 days that are in good standing and are enrolled in Internet Banking.
Is there a fee to use Mobile Remote Deposit Capture?
There is no charge for Mobile Remote Deposit Capture. However, mobile carriers may charge for internet access and/or text messages. Please check with your carrier for any charges that may occur based on the usage of HVFCU’s Mobile Remote Deposit Capture service.
Which accounts can I make deposits to with the Mobile Nanking app?
You can deposit to any savings account, checking account, or money market account.
Does Mobile Remote Deposit Capture work on Apple iPads?
Not at this time.
Is there a limit to the amount of deposits or number of deposits I can make?
You are allowed $1,500 per day in deposits and up to $20,000 in deposits over a rolling 30 day period.
Is there a hold placed on the funds I deposit through Mobile Remote Deposit Capture?
Standard check holds apply to your deposits. Please refer to the funds availability policy in our Truth in Savings Disclosure & Account Agreement.
When can I expect for deposited funds to be credited to my account?
Funds will be credited to your account within two business days of receipt if there are not any issues detected with the deposit.
Is a special endorsement recommended on checks deposited?
Underneath your signature please write: “For Mobile Deposit.”
How long should I retain checks that I deposit with Mobile Remote Deposit Capture?
It is important to retain your checks for 62 days. After the 62 days, you should securely destroy them.
How can I identify the transactions made through Mobile Remote Deposit Capture?
You can identify your Mobile Remote Deposit Capture transactions by the “SHARED BRANCH Mobile Deposit [Check Reference #]” description.
Am I notified if a check deposit is rejected?
You will receive an email notification any time a check cannot be deposited using Mobile Remote Deposit Capture. A deposit may be rejected for the following reasons:
- The check is a duplicate.
- Daily or rolling monthly deposit amount limits have been reached.
- Two images of the same side of the check are submitted instead of one image of the front and one image of the back.
- The check image is out of focus.
- The view angle of check is too excessive.
- MICR line data cannot be recognized by the system.
- The amount of the deposit you enter does not match the numeric amount in the image of your check.
- The endorsement signature on the back is missing.