Please be aware that while HVFCU does not charge you to use Mobile Banking, data charges associated with your phone or mobile device usage may apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for more information.
With Mobile Banking, you can:
- View account balances (our quick balance feature also allows you to swipe for your balances without logging into our app)
- View account transaction history
- View minimum payment and due dates for loans
- Access GoToMyCard for credit card info
- Transfer funds between your HVFCU accounts or to the accounts of other HVFCU members
- Pay your bills
- Deposit checks directly into your HVFCU saving, checking, or money market accounts with Mobile Deposit (see below)
- View copies of cleared checks
- Find branches and ATMs (including surcharge-free ATMs)
- Get available account balances and conduct transfers via text message (Please refer to our our Quick Guide to Text Banking Commands and Shortcuts for additional information about how to use Text Banking)
- Send money to family and friends with Popmoney
To use Mobile Banking, you can download our app from the Apple iTunes Store, Google Play, or the Amazon Appstore. Our Mobile Banking app uses the same username and password as our Internet Banking system, so you must first enroll and sign on to Internet Banking before using our app. Additionally, you will need to have a phone number entered under your Internet Banking security settings. You can check if you have a phone number in the system by selecting “Update Security Options” from the “My Settings” menu within Internet Banking.
Deposit Checks with Mobile Deposit
Make deposits via your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, or Android tablet anytime, anywhere. (Please note: for Android tablets, you will need to use the Android phone app.)
Mobile Deposit is convenient, secure, and easy to use:
- Save time with fewer trips to our branches
- Deposit checks directly into your HVFCU saving, checking or money market accounts
- Get confirmation on your mobile device for each successful deposit
For additional information on Mobile Deposit, please review our Mobile Deposit Capture FAQs. or our Mobile Deposit Services Agreement. If you are having trouble capturing your check image or using Mobile Deposit, view these troubleshooting tips for better images and usage.
Username & Password Resets
Our Internet Banking system and Mobile Banking app use the same username and password, so if you forget either of those, you can reset them online.
Mobile Banking Customer Service
For assistance with Mobile Banking, please call 845.463.3011 / 800.468.3011 and select option #7 for Internet Banking support.
Mobile Optimized Website
If you have a Blackberry mobile phone or an older Android-based mobile device, you can use a mobile optimized version of our website by going to http://mb.hvfcu.org. From there you can check your account balances, make transfers, and access Bill Pay.
1 Mobile Banking is not available for business accounts at this time.
Mobile Deposit Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for mobile RDC?
Members with HVFCU for more than 30 days that are in good standing and are enrolled in Internet Banking.
Is there a fee to use Mobile Deposit?
There is no charge for Mobile Deposit. However, mobile carriers may charge for internet access and/or text messages. Please check with your carrier for any charges that may occur based on the usage of HVFCU’s Mobile Deposit service.
Which accounts can I make deposits to with the Mobile Nanking app?
You can deposit to any savings account, checking account, or money market account.
Does Mobile Deposit work on Apple iPads?
Not at this time.
Is there a limit to the amount of deposits or number of deposits I can make?
You are allowed $5,000 per day in deposits and up to $20,000 in deposits over a rolling 30 day period.
Is there a hold placed on the funds I deposit through Mobile Deposit?
Standard check holds apply to your deposits. Please refer to the funds availability policy in our Truth in Savings Disclosure & Account Agreement.
When can I expect for deposited funds to be credited to my account?
Funds will be credited to your account within two business days of receipt if there are not any issues detected with the deposit.
Is a special endorsement recommended on checks deposited?
Underneath your signature please write: “For Mobile Deposit.”
How long should I retain checks that I deposit with Mobile Deposit?
It is important to retain your checks for 62 days. After the 62 days, you should securely destroy them.
How can I identify the transactions made through Mobile Deposit?
You can identify your Mobile Deposit transactions by the “SHARED BRANCH Mobile Deposit [Check Reference #]” description.
Am I notified if a check deposit is rejected?
You will receive an email notification any time a check cannot be deposited using Mobile Deposit Capture. A deposit may be rejected for the following reasons:
- The check is a duplicate.
- Daily or rolling monthly deposit amount limits have been reached.
- Two images of the same side of the check are submitted instead of one image of the front and one image of the back.
- The check image is out of focus.
- The view angle of check is too excessive.
- MICR line data cannot be recognized by the system.
- The amount of the deposit you enter does not match the numeric amount in the image of your check.
- The endorsement signature on the back is missing.
Tips for Better Check Images & Mobile Deposit Usage
- Ensure that signatures do not extend into the MICR line because this will cause an issue with the check recognition software.
- Place your checks on a dark surface, in a well-lit area.
- Avoid shadows on your check.
- Keep your check as flat as possible.
- Make sure your camera lens is clean.
- Tap your device screen to trigger the auto-focus.
Additionally, Mobile Deposit works best with 2 megapixel cameras or higher. Android operating systems need to be on Jelly Bean 4.1 or greater and Apple operating systems need to be on iOS7 or greater.