A Complete Identity Fraud Protection Solution for $8.95 a Month
Our Identity Fraud Protection Plus solution includes the following for just $8.95 per month:
- Card PatrolSM1 – Monitors personal debit and credit card information that has been compromised online by searching public databases and worldwide identity theft chat rooms. You can monitor up to ten debit and credit cards, and if your information is compromised, you will be notified electronically and receive specialized fraud support assistance. Learn more
- Fraud Assist Toolbox – A convenient, online tool that helps streamline the identity theft prevention and recovery process. To help prevent identity theft, you may place your own fraud alerts with all three credit bureaus and reset those alerts with convenient email reminders. If you have become a victim of identity theft, you can speed up your recovery time by simply selecting the type of problem faced, and the online guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to resolve your issue. Learn more
- Credit Alert® – With 24-hour, daily credit monitoring by Trans Union, you’ll be alerted automatically of certain negative changes to your credit. While it can’t prevent identity theft, Credit Alert can greatly reduce its impact by allowing you to minimize the damage. In the unfortunate event you receive notification of a negative change, you’ll be provided with access to the Credit Information Hotline. The hotline is staffed with trained individuals ready to provide answers to commonly asked questions. If there are no changes to your credit, you’ll even receive a quarterly notification letting you know that nothing has changed. Your initial enrollment in Credit Alert will be valid for one year with an option to re-enroll at no additional cost! Learn more
- Fraud Assistance – Provides you with access to a highly trained team of identity theft specialists who are ready 24/7 to provide assistance when you have been a victim of identity theft. You are assigned a casworker to guide you through the fraud resolution process, and you also receive overnight a Personalized Fraud Resolution Kit that includes government agency contact information and sample letters to send creditors and credit bureaus. Learn more
- Payment Card Protection2 – Protect all your credit, debit, ATM and check cards in the event of theft or loss. You also get access to emergency cash and emergency airline tickets if you are more than 50 miles from home when your cards are lost or stolen. Learn more
- $10,000 Identity Theft Insurance – Receive up to $10,000 in financial compensation for qualified expenses incurred in the recovery of your stolen identity. Learn more
Please note: the above services cannot be purchased separately.
To get Identity Fraud Protection Plus for $8.95 a month, enroll online.
If you have any questions about Identity Fraud Protection Plus, please call 800.251.2311.
1 Credit Alert® is not a credit counseling service and does not promise to help you obtain a loan or improve your credit record, history or rating. The Credit Alert service may be modified or improved at any time and without prior notice. Credit Alert is a registered service mark of Affinion Publishing, LLC. Daily monitoring will notify members of any inquiries, significant changes in credit score, certain derogatory information, or accounts that have been added to their credit reports as reported by one of the three major credit reporting agencies. If no information has been added or changed, then the member will receive a quarterly notification stating that no information has changed within their credit file. Neither the Plan Administrator, the provider of the Credit Alert service, or its credit information subcontractors, nor Financial Services Association shall have any liability for the accuracy of the information contained in the Credit Alert® reports which you receive, including any liability for damages, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental.
2 IMPORTANT NOTICE: YOUR LIABILITY FOR FRAUDULENT CHARGES UNDER FEDERAL LAW
For Credit Cards: If the card issuer has notified you of your maximum potential liability, has provided a means for you to notify the card issuer of the cardholder or authorized user, then your liability for fraudulent charges made to your account before the card issuer is up to $50 for each card.
For debit and cash-machine cards: Your liability for fraudulent use of your cards is up to $50 if you notify the card issuer of the loss or theft of the card within two business days, after learning of the loss or theft of the card. After that, your liability is up to $500.00 for each card Or, if you do not notify the card issuer within 60 days of receipt of a monthly statement showing unauthorized transfers, then your liability for each card is up to the total amount of unauthorized transfers that occurred after the 60-day period and before notice, provided that the card issuer establishes that the unauthorized transfers would not have occurred if you had notified the card issuer within the 50 day period. You may also be liable for up to $50 or $500.00 for each card, as applicable.
- Are not NCUA/NCUSIF insured
- Are not obligations of HVFCU
- Are not guaranteed by HVFCU