BALANCE services include the following:
- Toll-Free Infoline – Certified counselors are available Monday – Saturday to answer your questions about money management and other personal finance topics. Simply call 888.456.2227 to speak with a counselor.
- Debt & Budget Coaching – BALANCE counselors can help you explore the option of a Debt Management Plan (DMP) for repayment of unsecured debt. Counselors can also review your current spending patterns, create a spending plan that allows you to take charge of your financial situation both month to-month basis and in the long term. They also discuss your financial goals and develop an action plan for overcoming challenges so you can achieve those goals.
- Credit Report Review – BALANCE counselors can review your credit report and answer questions about credit scoring, building a strong credit history, and correcting any inaccuracies that appear.
- Student Loan Coaching – BALANCE counselors can assist those still in school as well as those who have graduated and are managing student loan debt.
- Homeownership Coaching – Housing can be an overwhelming subject to tackle on your own, whether you are dreaming of owning your first home, or struggling to make mortgage payments on your current home. BALANCE counselors are readily available to help you make sense of it all, including help with pre-purchase counseling, foreclosure prevention, and reverse mortgage counseling.
- Rental Coaching – BALANCE offers free education on building credit and becoming a desirable tenant. Specialized rental counselors will help you develop a personalized spending plan and provide you with advice for saving money, increasing income, and reducing debt.
- Bankruptcy Coaching – If you are facing bankruptcy, BALANCE counselors can provide you with required pre-filing and pre-discharge education and counseling.
- Financial Education – BALANCE offers educational tools designed to assist you in mastering your money – no matter how much you have or what stage of life you’re in. They offer articles, videos, podcasts, calculators, newsletter, and toolkits.