BALANCE provides the following services:
- Toll-Free Infoline – Certified counselors are available Monday – Saturday to answer your questions about money management and other personal finance topics. Simply call 888.456.2227 to speak with a counselor.
- Money Management Counseling – BALANCE counselors can review your spending and savings habits and help you develop a budget to meet your future financial goals.
- Debt Management – If you are getting behind on your bills, BALANCE counselors can review your options and help you create a structured repayment plan to meet your obligations.
- Credit Report Review – A specialist with the BALANCE Financial Fitness Program will explain the information on your credit report, show you how to correct inaccuracies and help you with a plan to improve your credit score, BALANCE can even provide a low-cost credit report (with score) or help you access one on your own. You can also obtain the free, yearly credit report you are entitled to receive under The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACT Act).
- Housing Counseling – Buying a home is one of the biggest financial commitments you’ll ever make and BALANCE counselors can help you with a plan that makes owning a home possible. If you are already a homeowner and are experiencing difficulty making you mortgage payment, BALANCE can help you evaluate your options and devise a course of action. Learn about their Early Delinquency Intervention and saving your home from foreclosure.
- Identity Theft Solutions – BALANCE provides preventive measures that you can follow to substantially reduce your risk of identity theft. They also have useful information in the unfortunate event that you are a victim. In addition to the information provided by BALANCE, be sure to review the comprehensive information on our website regarding identity theft.
- Financial Education – BALANCE offers educational tools designed to assist you in mastering your money – no matter how much you have or what stage of life you’re in. They offer articles, checklists, and mini-sites on varying topics, such as:
- Articles – The Making Home Affordable Program, Foreclosure Rescue Scams, Financial First Aid Workbook, and Preparing for a Financial Setback.
- Toolkits – Car Buying, Natural Disaster
- Checklists – Credit Card Search, Home Search, Rental Inspection, Rental Search, Property Inventory, Personal Financial Information Organizer, and Car Comparison.
- Mini-sites – The Road To Homeownership, Life After Foreclosure, A Guide to Reverse Mortgages, and Dream It and Achieve It:
How to Set and Attain Financial Goals.