Having the right tools to manage your finances and balance your budget make both of these goals easier to accomplish. Whether you are having financial difficulty, need direct assistance from the experts, or a few do-it-yourself tools there are resources here that can help you.
Click on one of the Finances & Budgeting topics from the list below, or scroll to see the entire page content.
The BALANCE Financial Fitness Program provides access to free and confidential financial counseling and education, including:
- Money Management Counseling – BALANCE counselors can review your spending and savings habits and help you develop a budget to meet your future financial goals.
- Debt Management – If you are getting behind on your bills, BALANCE counselors can review your options and help you create a structured repayment plan to meet your obligations.
- Credit Report Review – A specialist with the BALANCE Financial Fitness Program will explain the information on your credit report, show you how to correct inaccuracies and help you with a plan to improve your credit score, BALANCE can even provide a low-cost credit report (with score) or help you access one on your own.
- Housing Counseling – If you are a homeowner and are experiencing difficulty making your mortgage payment, BALANCE can help you evaluate your options and devise a course of action.
Visit the BALANCE website via the link above or call 888.456.2227.
BalanceTrack has education modules that guide you through the core aspects of personal financial management. Choose from topics like, Money Management, Credit Matters, The Road to Home Ownership, and more.
Our worksheet automatically calculates your total expense based on the values you enter. The worksheet also provides a link to information about creating a budget.
The official US government resource for fuel economy information. Offers fuel-saving tips, side-by-side comparisons, air pollution emissions information, safety ratings, and more.
Regardless of what type of retirement savings plan or pension plan you’re invested in, if you’ve changed or will be changing employers soon you’ll need solid advice on how to achieve the best results when rolling it over. HVFCU Financial Services has knowledgeable Financial Consultants that can help you through the entire process. The consultants are available to meet with you at each of our branches and by appointment on evenings and Saturdays. Use our online form to schedule an appointment.
Learn how HVFCU Financial Services can help you:
- Discuss all your options for 401K, 403B, TDSP Rollovers and Pension Payouts
- Lean how to draw income form a retirement plan before age 59½ and not pay a 10% IRS penalty
- Develop a structured plan for generating income form retirement assets
- Create an investment plan to help rebuild retirement assets
For information and a complete list of services, including upcoming educational workshops, go to HVFCU Financial Services.
401k, 403b, TDSP Rollovers, and Pension Payouts
Regardless of what type of retirement savings plan or pension plan you’re invested in, if you’ve changed or will be changing employers soon you’ll need solid advice on how to achieve the best results when rolling it over. HVFCU Financial Services has knowledgeable Financial Consultants that can help you through the entire process and maximize your investment’s potential. The consultants are available to meet with you at each of our branches and by appointment on evenings and Saturdays. Use our online form to schedule an appointment. Go to HVFCU Financial Services for more information.
Our calculator offerings help answer questions like:
- What will my investment be worth in the future?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
- How long will it take to pay off my credit card?
- How long will it take to pay off my loan?
- Help me create a monthly budget.
Get the auto and homeowners insurance you need at the best rates. HVFCU can help you by impartially shopping the top insurance companies to find the best policy. In fact, HVFCU members who switched their auto and homeowner insurance to us have saved an average of $450-$500 per year. Contact us for a free, personalized quote at no obligation (or call 866.397.3319).
Valuing / Selling Assets
Find the value of your assets with the help of the various resources below.
- Cars, motorcycles, & boats
- Real estate
- Antiques Research Guide
- Valuing Antiques – Price Guides, Appraisals and Other Resources
- Priceminer.com (subscription website)
Personal Tax Assistance
- TurboTax Online – Members receive a 10% discount to prepare a Federal Deluxe tax return.
- AARP – Find out the public and private benefits that are available for older adults and families with children.
- IRS – Information on tax law changes, tax forms, and free online tax help.
- IRS Tax Counseling for the Elderly – The Tax Counseling for the Elderly Program provides free tax help to people aged 60 and older. Trained volunteers from non-profit organizations provide free tax counseling and basic income tax return preparation for senior citizens.
- NYS Department of Taxation & Finance – Includes information about NYS STAR program, your refund status, forms, copies of your returns, and more.
- For a referral to a local CPA, contact HVFCU Financial Services at 845.463.3366