New and Used Vehicle Loans
- Easy point-of-sale financing at dealers in our partner network.
- Quick, paperless online application available— Mail or bring your binder and purchase agreement into any branch to finalize your loan.
- 30-day approval lock for easy, confident shopping.
- Financing up to 130% of MSRP for new vehicles and up to 130% of NADA book value for used vehicles.1
- Competitive fixed rates.
- Terms up to 7 years on new and used vehicles to keep monthly payments low.1
- Convenient payment options; automatic deduction with AutoPay; transfer via phone, ATM, or Internet Banking; or by check or cash in person or through the mail.
Rate Discount with AutoPay
Arrange to have your loan payment automatically deducted from your savings, checking, or money market account and HVFCU will lower the interest rate on your loan by .25%!2 In addition to saving money, you’ll never have to worry about being late with a payment, and it will help keep your credit history strong.
Refinancing your loan from another lender could save you hundreds of dollars in interest or lower your monthly payments. Talk to us to compare financing. Stop by any branch or call us at 845.463.3011 / 800.468.3011.
- Free, no obligation auto insurance quote from HVFCU Insurance Agency.
- GAP Protection Insurance – Covers the gap between your auto’s value and what you owe when your car is totaled.
- Credit Life and Credit Disability Insurance – Pays your loan balance if you die or suffer a serious illness or injury.
- Vehicle Information Refinance – Use when the registered and titled owner(s) of the vehicle remain the same upon refinancing from another institution.
- Private Purchase Agreement – Use when purchasing a vehicle from a private individual as opposed to a car dealership.
- Lien Request Letter – Mail with a payoff check to the current lien holder(s); this informs them to send the lien release and/or title to HVFCU.
Important Notice for Buyers Trading in Used Cars
If you trade in a used car on which you still owe money, make the dealer put in writing that he will pay off your car loan in 10 days or NO DEAL. Without contractual proof, some unscrupulous dealers legally delay paying off these loans (in some cases indefinitely). In addition to making payments on your new loan, you must continue making payments on your previous loan until it is satisfied by the dealer (since the loan is in your name)—or risk going into arrears and ruining your credit. Most dealers are reputable, but to be safe, always include clear payoff terms in your contract and follow up with the lien holder to ensure the dealer has complied. If a dealer refuses to include this, be ready to leave immediately and take your business to a reputable dealer.
1 As an example, an 84-month new auto loan with a fixed rate of 6.14% APR would result in a payment of $14.68 for each $1,000 financed. Your rate may increase if variable.
2 Rates that are discounted by .25% include a requirement that loan payments are automatically transferred from your savings, checking, or money market account for the life of the loan. The monthly payment is not decreased as a result of this discounted rate. The discounted rate only applies to new loans and newly refinanced loans from another lender.
Vehicle Refinancing – Transfer Your Loans to HVFCU and Save!
Refinancing an auto or motorcycle loan from another lender can potentially save you hundreds of dollars in interest and lower your monthly payments. Depending on your interest rate, you can even save on vehicles financed 6, 12 or 18 months ago.
When you refinance, you have:
- No application fee
- No handling fee
Use our online loan application, and answer “Yes” to the “Is This Loan a Refinance?” question. You’ll receive an answer in 60 seconds or less.
However, if you’d rather speak with someone about your refinancing options, call us at 845.463.3011 / 800.468.3011 or stop into one of our branches. Our staff will review your current terms and let you know if we can give you a better deal.
Print and download our Vehicle Information Refinance Form to speed your refinancing process.