Boat & RV Loan Features
- Financing up to 90%, including accessories, taxes, fees, and warranties. 1
- Competitive fixed rates help you keep expenses low.
- Terms up to 12 years2 on new and up to 10 years2 on used.
- Boats over 27 feet, 11 inches may be documented with the US Coast Guard (filed as a First Ships Mortgage) or titled with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Refinancing available on titled RVs.
- The ability to receive account activity notifications via email or a mobile device through CUAlerts, available free through Internet Banking.
- Convenient payment options; automatic deduction with AutoPay; transfer via phone, ATM, or Internet Banking; or by check or cash in person or through the mail.
Rate Discount with AutoPay
Arrange to have your loan payment automatically deducted from your savings, checking, or money market account and HVFCU will lower the interest rate on your loan by .25%! 3 In addition to saving money, you’ll never have to worry about being late with a payment, and it will help keep your credit history strong.
- Free, no obligation, boat and RV insurance quote from HVFCU Insurance Agency.
- GAP Protection Insurance (recreational vehicles only) – Covers the gap between your recreational vehicle’s value and what you owe when it is totaled.
- Credit Life and Credit Disability Insurance – Pays your loan balance if you die or suffer a serious illness or injury.
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) gives relief to individuals who are called to active duty in any branch of the military, including reservists or members of the National Guard. Servicemembers are provided interest rate relief on consumer and mortgage loans, relief regarding leases and protections regarding repossession, foreclosure, default judgments and eviction.
If you are a Servicemember and have questions about how SCRA affects your HVFCU loans, please call 845.463.3011 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 7pm ET and Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm ET. We will be happy to discuss any protections and programs that are afforded to you as a Servicemember.
1 Borrow 90% of the purchase price for new boats and recreational vehicles and 90% of the book value for used boats and recreational vehicles. Accessories, taxes, fees, & warranties included in 90% financing for new boats and recreational vehicles.
2 As an example, a 12-year, 7.25% fixed rate new boat or recreational vehicle loan for $12,000 would result in 144 monthly payments of $125.04. Rates for this product are determined by an evaluation of applicant credit. Your rate may vary from the rate shown.
3 The stated rate is discounted by .25% and includes a requirement that loan payments are automatically transferred from your savings, checking, or tiered money market account for the life of the loan. The monthly payment is not decreased as a result of this discounted rate.