Platinum Credit Card Extras
Auto Rental CDW
Eliminates the need for the collision damage waiver or similar provision provided by the commercial auto rental agencies on most passenger vehicles.
Baggage Delay Insurance
Baggage delay benefit of up to $300 to cover expenses incurred for the emergency purchase of essential items while on a covered trip.
Cell Phone Protection
Provides supplemental reimbursement for damage or theft of an eligible cell phone. Monthly cell phone bill must be charged to covered card. In addition to cell phones, certain types of personal digital assistants (PDA’s) that are also cell phones are eligible when terms and conditions of the benefit are met. Only cell phones purchased by the eligible cardholder are covered. Eligible cell phones are limited to the primary line and up to the first two secondary, additional, or supplemental lines as listed on the cardholder’s cellular provider monthly billing statement for the billing cycle preceding the month in which the theft or damage occurred.
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
Accidental death & dismemberment insurance for primary cardholder and immediate family members when scheduled travel tickets are purchased with the card.
Purchase Security and Extended Protection
Purchase Security will replace, repair, or reimburse covered cardholders up to a maximum of $10,000 in the event of theft or damage. Extended Protection doubles the time period of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty up to one full year on warranties of three years or less and up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim.
Offers reimbursement to cardholders on items they purchase. If a cardholder makes an eligible purchase with a covered card and is dissatisfied with that item for any reason (within 90 days from the date of purchase) Return Protection will reimburse the cardholder up to $250 per item and up to $1,000 annually per account.
Roadside Dispatch will arrange to dispatch a reliable tow operator or locksmith to cardholder. All rates are pre‐negotiated and conveniently billed to the covered cardholder’s card. For $59.95 (restrictions apply) per service call, the program provides towing (up to five miles included), tire changing (must have good, inflated spare), jump starting (battery boost), lockout service, fuel delivery, and winching (within 100 feet of paved or county maintained road only). Also provides cardholders with an optional, personalized Trip Routing Package for $5.95 which includes easy‐to‐read, accurate traveling instructions, and maps. Cardholders can choose a direct route plan or a scenic route that highlights points of interest and road information along their route.
Travel and Emergency Services (TEAS)
Encountering an emergency situation away from home can be a frightening experience. That’s why we’ve created a 24‐hour assistance center for covered cardholders. TEAS covers cardholders and their spouses and dependent children 22 years of age or under who are traveling with them. TEAS is available by calling a dedicated toll‐free number in the United States, or through a collect telephone number when traveling abroad, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This program provides assistance only. Cardholders are responsible for the cost of any services received. The following services are offered:
- Pre‐Trip Assistance – Provides information about health precautions, weather reports, currency exchange rates, visas, and immunizations.
- Medical Referral Assistance – Provides medical referral, monitoring, and follow‐up.
- Emergency Transportation Assistance – Arranges for transportation under medical supervision.
- Emergency Message Service – Relays emergency messages for travelers and is available 24 hours a day.
- Prescription Assistance and Valuable Document Delivery Arrangements – Accommodates unexpected prescription needs or transport critical documents, which may have been left at home or elsewhere.
- Legal Referral Assistance – Arranges contact with English‐speaking attorneys, U.S. embassies and consulates, bail‐bond assistance, cash advances, and follow‐up assistance.
- Emergency Ticket Replacement – Arranges for the replacement and delivery of new tickets, and assists with ticket reimbursement procedures.
- Lost Luggage Locator Service – Arranges cash advances required due to lost luggage, and assistance with obtaining applicable insurance payments when the carrier is unable to locate lost items.
- Emergency Translation Service – Provides telephone assistance in all major languages and helps find local interpreters, if available.
TEAS is provided on a best‐efforts basis, and may not be available due to problems of time, distance, or location. The third‐party service provider and their contractors are not responsible for the availability, cost, use, or results of any medical, legal, or transportation service. TEAS provides assistance and referral only; cardholders are responsible for the cost of any actual medical, legal, cash advance, or other service(s) used.
Visa Emergency Cardholder Benefits include:
Emergency Card Replacement
This service provides emergency card replacements to Visa cardholders who are in need of a replacement card (for example if their Visa card has been lost or stolen) and are traveling domestically or internationally.
Emergency Cash Disbursement
This service provides emergency cash disbursements, usually within hours, to Visa cardholders who are in need of cash (for example if their Visa card has been lost or stolen) and are traveling domestically or internationally.
Lost and Stolen Card Reporting
Visa Customer Care Services (VCCS) takes calls from cardholders or third parties when a Visa card has been lost, stolen, or is subject to fraud. VCCS collects service requests of lost or stolen cards, blocks accounts when a full card number is available, and immediately notifies the issuer of all service requests.
Cardholder Inquiry Service (CIS)
Cardholder Inquiry Service (CIS) is easily accessible to Visa cardholders from anywhere in the world, any time of the day.
HVFCU Rewards! (Visa Platinum Rewards) See details under HVFCU Rewards!.
Combining / Householding Points (Point Rewards Visa Platinum)
To help you reach your reward goal faster, you have two options for combining your Bonus Points:
- Combine your Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card points with your Visa Debit Card points.
- Combine your points from your Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card and / or Visa Debit Card with the points of other HVFCU members. In order to combine points with another individual, two of the following three criteria must be met:
- You and the other individual have the same last name.
- You and the other individual live in the same household (i.e. your full address city, state, & zip are the same).
- The entire primary name on your accounts is the same (i.e. first and last name or business name).
Two or more debit cards that have the same social security number attached to the account will be linked automatically.
To combine HVFCU Rewards! points, please log in to the HVFCU Rewards! website and submit a request online via the “Account Linking” option under the “My Account” drop down menu. Enter the card number and zip code associated with the HVFCU Rewards! account that you would like to link with and hit “Submit”. You will then be prompted to confirm that you would like to link accounts.
Please note: This feature is presently not available through the mobile website.