- Our Mortgage Program
- Apply Now
- Meet Our Loan Officers
- Happy Homeowners
- Apply for a Mortgage
- Online Application
- Check Rates
- Contact a Loan Officer
Once you have found the home you want to buy and have made an offer that the seller has accepted, the mortgage application is the beginning of your mortgage process. At HVFCU, you can contact one of our mortgage consultants who will help you complete your mortgage application and supply the required documentation to process it or you can submit your application online.
The following gives you an overview of our online mortgage application. If you need assistance when completing your application, please call 845.463.3011 / 800.468.3011, Monday-Friday from 8 am-7 pm EST, or Saturday 9 am-5 pm EST.
- Online application takes just minutes to complete and you’ll receive your approval in seconds
- Apply online for pre-approvals, new home purchases, and refinances
- Complete only the information required for your specific needs (i.e. new purchase, refinance, single-family home, condominium, joint borrower, etc.)
- Payment and closing cost details are provided up front, based on the product and rate options selected.
- Mortgage insurance and escrow payments are shown in relation to total payment
- Specific components that comprise total closing costs are detailed
- Estimates for the amount of cash required at closing are provided
- Save your application to complete later, if needed
- Sign up for email rate alerts
In addition to the above, you might find it helpful to review our question and answer page pertaining to our online application and the application process.
Information For New Members
If you are not already an HVFCU member, you may still apply for a loan, however, before the loan is finalized you will need to establish membership. You can establish membership at any of our branches by opening a savings account with as little as $5. (Please note: if you apply for a loan before establishing membership you are unable to open your membership online. Additionally, if your name only appears as a joint owner on another member’s account, then you are not yet a member of HVFCU. )
Please be advised that the fee charged by HVFCU in connection with an appraisal of the property used to secure this transaction is NON-REFUNDABLE. Residential property values have experienced significant declines in recent years and may be subject to further decline. Any potential value discussed between you and HVFCU at or prior to the time of application for a mortgage should not be construed as a formal estimate of value for the property being financed. A formal opinion of value will be conducted by a professional appraisal firm which operates independently of HVFCU, and HVFCU employees are expressly prohibited from discussing or influencing the appraiser’s opinion of home values in any way.