- Our Mortgage Program
- Apply Now
- Meet Our Loan Officers
- Happy Homeowners
- Check Rates
- Contact a Loan Officer
Find homes for sale
Our Lending Area
We offer affordable, fixed and adjustable rate loans to purchase 1-4 family homes, townhomes, condos, or PUDs (planned unit developments) in New York, Pennsylvania and Connecticut.
Why Choose HVFCU for Financing?
- Low rates
- Free pre-approvals
- Flexible financing options
- Special programs for first-time homebuyers
- All Mortgage Loan Officers are CMPS certified
The pre-approval process is typically quick and easy. It usually occurs before you even start shopping for a home. You will need to provide some simple information about your income and debts to determine approximately how much house you can afford. Your past credit history, job history, household income, and the property you want to finance all influence how much you can borrow.
In today’s fast-paced home-buying market, it is often required that you present documentation of a mortgage pre-approval when submitting an offer to purchase a home.
Please be advised that the fee charged by HVFCU in connection with an appraisal of the property used to secure this transaction is NON-REFUNDABLE. Residential property values have experienced significant declines in recent years and may be subject to further decline. Any potential value discussed between you and HVFCU at or prior to the time of application for a mortgage should not be construed as a formal estimate of value for the property being financed. A formal opinion of value will be conducted by a professional appraisal firm which operates independently of HVFCU, and HVFCU employees are expressly prohibited from discussing or influencing the appraiser’s opinion of home values in any way.
Mortgage Accelerator Program (MAP)
Our Mortgage Accelerator Program is a free service for fixed rate mortgages that offers a payment structure similar to a bi-weekly payment option, but allows you to start or discontinue the program as you desire without the need or expense of refinancing your mortgage.
How MAP Works
- One half of your regularly scheduled mortgage payment would be automatically deducted every two weeks from your HVFCU checking or savings account and deposited into a specially marked savings account (your Mortgage Accelerator Program account).
- On the first of each month your payment will be “swept” from your MAP account and applied to your mortgage payment.
- After your mortgage payment is paid, additional funds and dividends will be applied to your outstanding principal balance. In essence, twice per year your principal is reduced by one half payment.
- You can also choose to increase your payments for additional interest savings on your mortgage. Deposits can be made to your MAP account at any time.
To take advantage of MAP, please complete and return our MAP AutoPay form as directed by HVFCU staff.
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) gives relief to individuals who are called to active duty in any branch of the military, including reservists or members of the National Guard. Servicemembers are provided interest rate relief on consumer and mortgage loans, relief regarding leases and protections regarding repossession, foreclosure, default judgments and eviction.
If you are a Servicemember and have questions about how SCRA affects your HVFCU loans, please call 845.463.3011 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 7pm ET and Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm ET. We will be happy to discuss any protections and programs that are afforded to you as a Servicemember.
Unlocking the Door to Home Ownership
The Balance Financial Fitness Program provides an overview of how you can make home ownership a reality. It’s really nothing more than a series of practical and educational steps, from knowing how much home you can afford to getting approved for your mortgage.
If you’re in the process of purchasing a home, you’ll need homeowners insurance to obtain a mortgage. You can obtain a homeowners insurance quote online or by calling 845.463.5646.