HVFCU lets you borrow up to 100% of the value of your credit union certificate account, at the attractive rate equal to your certificate’s dividend rate plus just 3%.
- Loans available from $500 up to 100% of the value of your certificate account.
- Your money keeps working because you keep earning dividends on the secured amount.
- Your effective net interest rate is only 3%.
- Terms start at 30 days, not to exceed the maturity date of the certificate account. Make principal and interest payments before your account matures.
- Good for establishing credit.
- Your certificate account funds securing the loan are frozen while your obligation is outstanding.
- Only one regular certificate account can be used as collateral (IRA certificate accounts can’t be used.)
|Account||Minimum / Maximum Financing||Fixed APR||Variable APR|
|Rates are accurate as of 7/21/16 and are subject to change without notice. APR = Annual Percentage Rate.|
|Pledge of Certificate Account||100% of certificate balance||ADR + 3% 23||na|
2 The stated rate is discounted by .25% and includes a requirement that loan payments are automatically transferred from your savings, checking, or tiered money market account for the life of the loan. The monthly payment is not decreased as a result of this discounted rate. For higher education loans, the minimum annual percentage rate is 5.00%.
3 ADR = Annual Dividend Rate
Apply for a Pledge of Certificate Loan
You can apply online for a certificate secured loan. You can also stop into any of our branches or call us at 845.463.3011, Monday – Friday 8 am – 7 pm ET or Saturday 9 am – 5 pm ET to apply.
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) gives relief to individuals who are called to active duty in any branch of the military, including reservists or members of the National Guard. Servicemembers are provided interest rate relief on consumer and mortgage loans, relief regarding leases and protections regarding repossession, foreclosure, default judgments and eviction.
If you are a Servicemember and have questions about how SCRA affects your HVFCU loans, please call 845.463.3011 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 7pm ET and Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm ET. We will be happy to discuss any protections and programs that are afforded to you as a Servicemember.