- Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan
- New York State Tuition Assistance Program
- NY Credit Union Association Scholarship
Every little bit helps cut back out-of-pocket expenses needed to finance a college education. Below is the scholarship program that HVFCU participates in directly. Additional sources can be found online at FastWeb and GoodCall.
New York Credit Union Association Scholarship Program
HVFCU members graduating high school have a chance to win a $1,000 or $500 college scholarship through the New York Credit Union Association’s annual scholarship program. Scholarships are awarded to the top finalists from the New York Credit Union Association’s participating credit unions. Winners are chosen based on academic achievements, extracurricular and community activities, essay, etc.
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be an HVFCU member in good standing —Join Now!
- At the time of application, be a college-bound high school senior to either a two-year or four-year accredited educational institution.
- Attend college for the first time in the fall of 2017.
- Use the scholarship funds at an accredited educational institution by January 31, 2018.
Here’s how to apply for the New York Credit Union Association’s College Scholarship Program:
- Make sure you include your written essay, as indicated in the application. Please type or print clearly on the form, and use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions. Other than where specified on the application form, no attachments, resumes, pictures or other materials of any kind should be submitted or used to answer the questions.
Step 2: Sign the Certification and Release Authorization
- Must be signed by the applicant and parent / guardian.
Step 3: Mail Your Signed Application
- Be sure to include the following with your application:
- Official high school transcript documenting your GPA for grade 9 through 11
- Official SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript (obtained through your high school guidance office)
- Typed essay response of 300-500 words
- Mail all of the requested information (together), to:
Director of Marketing
Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
PO Box 1071
Poughkeepsie, NY 12602-1071
- For high school students graduating in 2017, applications need to be submitted and returned to the credit union by December 30, 2016 to be considered.
The New York Credit Union Association will announce scholarship winners in May. HVFCU will send a notification letter to all of our applicants announcing any scholarships awarded to members of our credit union. Unless you win, you will not be notified.