- Certificate Account Overview
- Certificate Account Ladder Calculator
- Certificate Account Instructions Form
Fixed-Rate Certificate Accounts
- Higher yields than savings, checking, and money market accounts.
- Flexible terms from 3 to 60 months.
- $500 minimum deposit to open for regular certificate accounts.
- Higher yields at “jumbo” levels of $50,000 and $100,000.
- Available to businesses.
- Can be pledged as collateral for a secured loan (certain conditions apply).
- Available as IRA.
- Credit dividends to certificate or withdraw by check.
- Ability to monitor account activity through CUAlerts, a free service available through Internet Banking.
Save Smart Certificate Account
We’re committed to helping our youngest savers build a healthy financial future. That’s why HVFCU has cut the minimum opening balance in half for our 8-month Save Smart Certificate to make it easier to start saving earlier.
- $250 to open.
- Available in an 8-month term.
- Competitive annual percentage yields (APYs).
Variable-Rate Flex Certificate Account
The true strength of our variable-rate Flex Certificate Account lies in its ability to keep pace with today’s changing market without any risk to principal.
- Variable rate tied to the 3-month Treasury Bill1 plus an additional .25%.
- $750 minimum deposit.
- 12-month term.
- Available as an IRA (does not qualify for higher Jumbo rate).
- Open to businesses.
Additional Flex Certificate Account Information:
- Today’s Flex Certificate Account Dividend Rate and APY
- HVFCU Flex Certificate Account Rate History and Treasury Bills Index
Safe and Secure
Your accounts at Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union are safe—insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund to at least $250,000. Visit mycreditunion.gov to learn more about your Share Insurance Coverage and to access resources including a Share Insurance Estimator tool, publications, videos, and more.
Open, Renew, or Monitor Online!
- Open a regular 3, 6, 12, 24, 36, 48, or 60-month certificate account (no IRA, Flex Certificate Accounts, or Save Smart Certificate Accounts) online through Internet Banking in just minutes. Select “Open an Account or Certificate” from the “Additional Services” menu within Internet Banking to get started. Certificate accounts that are opened outside of normal business hours will be opened the following business day. To add a joint account owner to a certificate account that has been opened online, call our Contact Center or stop into any branch.
- Renew, reinvest, and withdraw dividends online with our convenient online Certificate Account Instructions Form.
- Receive account activity notifications via email or your mobile device through CUAlerts, available free through Internet Banking.
1 The minimum to open a 12-month Flex Certificate Account and earn the stated APY is $750. The APY is determined by adding .25% to the 3-month Treasury Bill auction investment rate on the last Thursday of each quarter. The dividend rate is subsequently calculated based on the indexed APY. Rate subject to change after account opening. Fees or other conditions could reduce earnings on the account. Substantial penalty imposed for early withdrawal. Available as an IRA.