- Checking Overview
- Visa Debit Card w/ Rewards
- Shop, Sign & Save
- Switch Kit
- NSFs & Privilege Pay Overdrafts
Checking Account Features
- No minimum balance requirement.
- Free Visa Debit Card that earns points in the HVFCU Rewards! program.
- Daily dividends.
- No monthly service charges or per-check fees.
- No fees for deposits or other routine transactions.
- Access to your account through free Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Bill Pay, and eStatements.
- Access to your account at over 82,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
- Automatic transfer of funds to a loan or account with periodic payments.
- Direct deposit of pension, Social Security, or other recurring checks. (For direct deposit of payroll, check with your employer.)
- Ability to receive checking account activity notifications via email or a mobile device through CUAlerts, available for free through Internet Banking.
- Monitor Visa Debit Card authorizations via email and text message notifications through Visa Alerts.
- Insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. Use the NCUA Electronic Share Insurance Calculator to calculate your insurance coverage.
Free HVFCU Custom Checks
Based on your overall relationship with HVFCU, you may have the opportunity to earn free, HVFCU custom checks. As part of our rewards program, members who have an HVFCU free checking account and Visa® Debit Card get two free boxes of HVFCU custom checks annually. You can order your custom checks online.
Embarrassing incidents due to insufficient funds in your checking account are easily avoided when you arrange for overdraft protection. Funds can be transferred automatically from a savings account, Readi-cash line of credit, or interest only home equity line of credit (application required) to cover shortages1. Please complete our Home Equity Line of Credit Overdraft Coverage Agreement if you would like to set up overdraft protection for your checking account from your interest only home equity line of credit.
In addition to the above sources, our complimentary Privilege Pay program provides additional peace of mind with additional overdraft protection for qualified checking accounts. In the event that funds are exhausted from your checking and any of your assigned sources, Privilege Pay steps in and pays up to $500 in total items, including any fees2.
2 A $30.00 fee will be assessed for each Privilege Pay item covered.