Federal regulation requires us to limit withdrawal transactions on certain accounts. We remind you of the following:
Withdrawals from your savings and money market accounts and transfers made between your accounts are unlimited when made under the following circumstances:
- In person
- By mail
- Shared Service Centers
- By phone, facsimile, or email when requesting an HVFCU official check made payable to you and mailed to your address of record with HVFCU
- Transfer to an HVFCU loan in your name
Up to six withdrawals or transfers among savings and money market accounts are permitted each month in any of the following combinations when payable to a third party or to another account owned by you:
- Checks or similar orders
- Pre-authorized or automatic transfers
- Automated Clearing House (ACH)
- Internet Banking
- Audio response (MAGIC)
- Overdraft from savings
- Telephone, email, facsimile (fax)
How to Avoid Regulation D Fees
- Link your Readi-Cash or home equity line of credit loan to your checking account for overdraft.
- Keep appropriate balances in your checking account to reduce the number of overdraft transfers
- Make insurance, utility, or recurring payments electronically from your checking account instead of your savings or money market account.
- Set up automatic transfers from your checking account to other designated accounts.
A complete description of Regulation D is included in the Truth in Savings Disclosure & Account Agreement. You may also call our Contact Center for a copy at 845.463.3011 / 800.468.3011.