Savings Account Features
- $5 minimum balance for primary savings account, no time commitment, and no penalty for withdrawals.
- Unlimited free HVFCU ATM access.
- Up to eight free foreign network transactions (non-HVFCU owned ATMs) each month at locations worldwide (ATM owner may assess a surcharge).
- Direct deposit of pension, Social Security, or other recurring checks. (For payroll direct deposit, check with your employer.)
- An overdraft source for your checking account (Your authorization is required to establish your savings account as an overdraft protection source. Overdrafts are subject to Regulation D limitations.)
- Ability to receive account activity notifications via email or your mobile device through CUAlerts, available free through Internet Banking.
- Account may be used as collateral for a savings secured loan.
- Twenty five statement copies annually.
There are varying types of ownership:
Accounts can be held individually, in trust for / totten trust, as a benefit for one or more individuals, or as Estate / Fiduciary.
Safe and Secure
Your accounts at Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union are safe—insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund to at least $250,000. Use the NCUA Electronic Share Insurance Calculator to calculate your insurance coverage.